Transaction Case Studies
Deal Structuring and Valuation Support for $1.8B Global CNS Co-Pro, Co-Dev Agreement
- Otsuka is a Tokyo-based, publicly traded, pharma company with a predominant focus on psychiatric products, led by Abilify® for Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar disorder, and Schizophrenia.
- Two programs currently in development, Abilify ® Depot, a sustained release one monthly Abilify ® formulation and OPC-34712, a novel next generation product were the subjects of partnership discussions.
- Engaged Locust Walk Partners as its valuation, deal negotiation and strategy advisor.
- Worked with senior management team to define the partnering strategy and its alignment with corporate goals
- Assimilated existing Otsuka revenue and expense models for both Abilify ® Depot and OPC-34712 and integrated them on a worldwide basis into sophisticated deal negotiations model
- Continued refinement of P&L model and rNPV model running a wide range of potential P&L and deal scenarios, including the impact of each scenario on the corporate P&L
- Prepared precedent licensing transactions to guide the deal expectations and deal structuring.
- Provided ongoing deal structuring and negotiations support to help Otsuka achieve its corporate objectives
- Transaction with Lundbeck concluded November 11, 2011 with a $200M upfront and $1.8B in total deal consideration
Worldwide Co-Pro, Co-Dev Agreement for Abilify Depotand OPC-34712