Transaction Case Studies
Commercial Stage Asset Partnership
- Onxeo (Euronext Paris, Nasdaq OMX Copenhagen –ONXEO) is a publicly traded, development stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the research, development and commercialization of innovative therapies in the orphan oncology arena.
- Oravig® (miconazole Lauriad) is an FDA-approved treatment for oropharyngeal candidiasis. Oravig® was previously partnered with 2 other parties and reacquired by Onxeo.
- Onxeo selected Locust Walk Partners as its exclusive business and corporate development advisor to out-license Oravig®.
- Prepared high impact teaser and management presentation, including successfully overcoming previous commercial history.
- Conducted an outreach to leading global and regional biopharmaceutical companies, both publicly traded and privately held, that are active in the development and commercialization of oncology and oncology supportive care products.
- Led multiple qualified parties through a confidential diligence process.
- Led negotiations on financial terms and actively participated in negotiations of the term sheet and operating matters associated with the deal.
- Locust Walk’s second successful deal for Onxeo in 12 months.
- Competitive process resulted in a commercialization agreement of Oravig® for North American rights. The deal included performance-based economics and a supply agreement.
- DARA Biosciences (NASDAQ: DARA) is a publicly traded oncology supportive care specialty pharmaceutical company dedicated to providing healthcare professionals a synergistic portfolio of medicines to help cancer patients