Q2 2019 Report: Global Trends in Medtech Transactions
Locust Walk is a global life science transaction firm. Our integrated team-based approach across capabilities, geographies, and industry segments delivers the right products, the right partners, and the most attractive sources of capital to get the right deals done for biopharma and medtech companies.
Each quarter, Locust Walk deal team members compile key statistics and trends on strategic transactions and financings. Our Q2 2019 Report: Global Trends in Medtech Transactions applies the latest data to analyze current activities in the life sciences deal landscape.
In this report, you can find an overview and analysis of the following medtech activities:
- Key performance indicators for the medtech market
- IPO and private financing activity and performance
- Deal activity for M&A
- A look ahead and our predictions of the future
A summary of key findings:
- > $2B invested into medtech companies in Q2 2019 with slightly more focused on Series A/B than C/D, but overall evenly spread among series
- Cardiovascular and orthopedics were the strongest segments in medical device financings
- Digital health continues to garner a large share of medtech company financings, comprising almost 20% of financings for medtech in Q2 2019
- Medtech index took a dip in Q2 2019, but ended the quarter strong recovering to its Q1 2019 high